Financial Feasibility Analysis
August 12, 2:30pm-5:30pm, Oakland Peace Center
111 Fairmount Avenue, Oakland CA 94611
This workshop covers the nitty gritty basics of real estate transactions & a group's process of determining the feasibility of a purchase using a multi-faceted Feasibility Analysis.
Workshop topics include:
1. Overview of Real-Estate Transactions & Feasibility Process:
a) "Writing" offers on properties with a broker/agent & how that works with a CLT
b) Researching properties based on location/size/type, price & condition.
c) Knowing what you can afford / what gap financing must be attained (i.e. the group’s income & available assets to pay).
- Total housing payment (for each household) should not exceed 30-38% of gross (pre-tax) income.
- Using a mortgage calculator
d) Financing – solid down payment amount; amount of supportable mortgage; basic overview of a commercial real estate mortgage
e) Additional Calculations on Costs from Inspections and assessment of condition of property
2. How to use NCLT's Financial Feasibility Worksheets (Microsoft Excel Document):
- Rent Roll
- Development Budget
- 15 year Operating Pro-forma
- additional tools
More Info & Resources Coming Soon!!